Pinterest

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Make it Monday background for Mother's Day

Good evening! I was intrigued by the Make it Monday challenge at PTI to use a script-word stamp to create a background. I needed a card for my daughter so I pulled out the word "Hugs" from one set and using sweet blush on cream colored cardstock, made my background. I got a chance to use the new die cut for Spring and made it out of berry sorbet, then mounted it on kraft cardstock so the colors would pop. I used prismacolor pencils to color in the flowers and the leaves, even on the colored cardstock it still makes a difference. Then I put a dot of gold stickles in the center of the smallest flowers to give it a bit of twinkle. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamps: Papertrey Big Hugs, Cutaway Tags: Spring stamp set; Paper: PTI cream, berry sorbet, pink, kraft, dotted vellum; Dies: Cutaway Tags: Spring, Mix & Mat Flourishes Die, My Favorite Things pierced rectangle; Ink: Sweet Blush, Snow white, archival black; Other: white embossing powder, prismacolor pencils, gold stickles

No comments: